Every spring, the Town of Dalhousie offers residents the opportunity to clear out sheds and garages across the municipality.
All spring clean-up materials must be by the roadside on May 20, 2019 as we will only be going by once.
Workers will pickup roadside materials from May 21 to May 24, 2019 only.
Failure to comply with the following spring clean-up guidelines shall result in residents being charged for removal of material.
Please separate your household garbage from your spring clean-up materials.
Spring clean-up materials should be separated as follows:
Branches, Wood, Leaves, Other
• The quantity of waste at the curbside cannot exceed a pickup truck load 8’x 4’x 3’ or 2.4mx 1.2mx0.9m.
• Branches must be no longer than 3 feet long and bundles so that one individual can carry.
• Only those residents receiving regular municipal collection service will receive annual Spring Clean-Up collection.
• Items that cannot be safely handled by two persons will NOT be collected.
Materials NOT Accepted
• Liquids of any type
• Propane tanks and tires
• Refrigerators, freezers and air conditioners
• Items that cannot be handled by two (2) people
• Construction, demolition, or home renovation materials including:
– Counter tops, plumbing fixtures, kitchen cabinets, sheds, fences or other structures, and all new and used lumber
– Floor coverings such as carpet, linoleum, tile and hardwood floors
– Concrete, gyproc, plywood, roofing materials