The Dalhousie Centennial Library is part of the New Brunswick Public Library system and is a branch of the Chaleur Library Region. In 1939, the Dalhousie Public Library was opened and served the community of Dalhousie and vicinity. Anxious to see the Dalhousie Public Library expanded, the Dalhousie Centennial Library was erected in 1967 in commemoration of Canada’s Confederation. The Town of Dalhousie, in co-operation with Restigouche County, the Province of New Brunswick and the Government of Canada, constructed this new library, which was officially opened on December 28, 1966. The Centennial library houses the Restigouche Genealogical Society & its collection.