The Town of Dalhousie is very concerned about illegal dumping on town and private properties. Construction material, tires, and other unwanted waste are not to be disposed on any property. Such waste can be disposed of at the Restigouche Transfer Station in Campbellton (789-2111) and LCL Excavation in Charlo (684-3453).
Household waste and recycling can be disposed in a container at curbside alternating every 2 weeks.
Provincial laws provide fines and or jail time for this crime. Any person(s) caught and charged with illegal dumping are subject to a fine of $500.00. The fines can go up to as much as $50,000.00 for individuals. Any company(s) caught performing this crime can be charged with fines ranging from $1,000.00 to $1 million dollars.
Help keep our community clean and safe by reporting all incidents of abandoned garbage or witnessing illegal dumping. We all need to take illegal dumping seriously.
How do you report an illegal dump site or someone illegally dumping waste?
Reporting a person or persons dumping waste illegally:
Record the date, time, and location when the incident occurred. Document an accurate description of the violator(s) and of the vehicle that was used, along with the vehicle’s license plate number, write the items that were disposed of and take pictures.
Reporting an unknown illegal dump site:
Record the date and time; take GPS coordinates and pictures. The information documented should then be compiled and reported to either of the following:
Contact the New Brunswick Crime Stoppers hotline at: 1-800-222-8477 (1-800-222-TIPS) or online at http://www.crimenb.ca/
Contact your local Department of Environment at 1-800-565-1633.
Title: Facilities Director
Immediate Supervisor: Board of Directors of the Dalhousie Recreaplex
The Dalhousie Recreaplex are seeking to hire a dynamic and energetic individual to fill the position of Facilities Director. The incumbent will be responsible to manage and supervise day to day operations as well as coordinate recreational events and activities. The Recreaplex facility includes a pool, gym and conference room/hall.
Duties and Responsibilities
The Facilities Director’s duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to
• Oversee daily operations and management of the Recreaplex facility.
• Ensure the health and safety of the entire facility as well as implementation of effective human resource policies and procedures.
• Monitor expenses and receipts.
• Develop an annual budget for operations.
• Generate financial statements and cash balance reports for the Recreaplex Board of directors.
• Work with financial auditors for monthly and year-end audits.
• May assist in determining salaries for employees.
• May assist in determining guests and facilities fees, as well as membership costs.
• Arrange for equipment repairs when necessary, keep track of all equipment being used, including exercise equipment, sporting equipment and any other equipment that may be supplied
• Promote the facility in order to generate revenues from rentals or the hosting of special events.
• Attend monthly Recreaplex Board of Directors meetings and report on the effectiveness of policies and programs.
Skills and Abilities
• Knowledge in social media : Facebook, Twitter, Linkedin, etc
• Computer skills should include but not limited to; Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point, etc.
• Strong accounting skills
• Excellent written and oral communication skills in both official languages.
• Demonstrate strong leadership and organizational abilities
• Excellent networking and interpersonal skills
• Excellent problem solving and decision making
• Ability to work with volunteers and community committees.
• College or university degree in business administration, recreation or other related education or training.
• Experience in working with non for profit organizations would be an asset
The compensation package for this position will be within a competitive range and commensurate with the successful candidate’s qualifications and experience.
To confidentially explore this opportunity you are invited to submit your resume and cover letter and three references, mail or in person to: Town of Dalhousie, Recreaplex Hiring Committee, 111 Hall St. unit 1, Dalhousie, NB E8C 1X2 or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than March 15th, 2019 at 3 pm.
We thank all those who submit an application; we will only contact those selected for further consideration.
Garbage pick-up scheduled for Monday February 18, 2019 will be picked up on Tuesday February 19, 2019 starting very early in the morning.
1) Every owner of a dog shall, before the last day of January in each year, register with the SPA Restigouche SPCA, each dog which he owns, and pay the license fee as per Schedule A of the current by-law.
The SPA Restigouche SPCA is the appointed agent to administer animal control in accordance with its by-laws.
The SPA Restigouche SPCA and its employees are municipal enforcement officers of this by-law and the said officers may exercise the powers of a By-Law officer for the purpose of enforcing the animal control and related fees and fines as per this by-law and schedule A.
The Town of Dalhousie grants to the SPA Restigouche SPCA the right to collect and retain all fines and fees related to animal control.
The complete By-Law 601-18 and schedule A can be found on our website at www.dalhousie.ca
The Municipal Council of the Town of Dalhousie intends to adopt By-law No. 805-19, “A by-law to amend By-law No. 805-08, Town of Dalhousie Municipal Plan By-law” and By-law No. 806-19, “A by-law to amend By-law No. 806-11, Town of Dalhousie Zoning By-law.”
The proposed amendment to the Municipal Plan, to change the land use designation assigned to the parcel of land having the PID 50401520, located on Bujold Street, from “Parks and Conservation” to “Residential”, was presented on January 21st, 2019.
The purpose of the proposed amendment to the Municipal Plan is to allow the rezoning of the same parcel of land from a “Parks and Recreation (P) Zone” and a “Single- and Two-Family Residential (R1) Zone” to a “Multiple Residential (R2) Zone” in order to permit condo units or apartments.
The proposed amendments may be examined at the Town Hall during working hours. Council will hold a public hearing at the Town Hall on Thursday, February 21st, 2019 at 7:00 pm, to review written objections received. Any person wishing to speak in favor or against those objections shall have an opportunity to do so at this hearing.
Written objections to the proposed amendments must be addressed to Council and will be received by the undersigned until 12:00 noon on Thursday, February 21st, 2019.
The garbage pickup run of today will be going back tomorrow for pickup due to the snow we had today