Illegal dumping and littering/in Uncategorized /by townAdmin
The Town of Dalhousie is very concerned about illegal dumping on town and private properties. Construction material, tires, and other unwanted waste are not to be disposed on any property. Such waste can be disposed of at the Restigouche Transfer Station in Campbellton (789-2111) and LCL Excavation in Charlo (684-3453).
Household waste and recycling can be disposed in a container at curbside alternating every 2 weeks.
Provincial laws provide fines and or jail time for this crime. Any person(s) caught and charged with illegal dumping are subject to a fine of $500.00. The fines can go up to as much as $50,000.00 for individuals. Any company(s) caught performing this crime can be charged with fines ranging from $1,000.00 to $1 million dollars.
Help keep our community clean and safe by reporting all incidents of abandoned garbage or witnessing illegal dumping. We all need to take illegal dumping seriously.
How do you report an illegal dump site or someone illegally dumping waste?
Reporting a person or persons dumping waste illegally:
Record the date, time, and location when the incident occurred. Document an accurate description of the violator(s) and of the vehicle that was used, along with the vehicle’s license plate number, write the items that were disposed of and take pictures.
Reporting an unknown illegal dump site:
Record the date and time; take GPS coordinates and pictures. The information documented should then be compiled and reported to either of the following:
Contact the New Brunswick Crime Stoppers hotline at: 1-800-222-8477 (1-800-222-TIPS) or online at http://www.crimenb.ca/
Contact your local Department of Environment at 1-800-565-1633.
Job Offer – Facilities Director/in Uncategorized /by townAdmin
Title: Facilities Director
Immediate Supervisor: Board of Directors of the Dalhousie Recreaplex
The Dalhousie Recreaplex are seeking to hire a dynamic and energetic individual to fill the position of Facilities Director. The incumbent will be responsible to manage and supervise day to day operations as well as coordinate recreational events and activities. The Recreaplex facility includes a pool, gym and conference room/hall.
Duties and Responsibilities
The Facilities Director’s duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to
• Oversee daily operations and management of the Recreaplex facility.
• Ensure the health and safety of the entire facility as well as implementation of effective human resource policies and procedures.
• Monitor expenses and receipts.
• Develop an annual budget for operations.
• Generate financial statements and cash balance reports for the Recreaplex Board of directors.
• Work with financial auditors for monthly and year-end audits.
• May assist in determining salaries for employees.
• May assist in determining guests and facilities fees, as well as membership costs.
• Arrange for equipment repairs when necessary, keep track of all equipment being used, including exercise equipment, sporting equipment and any other equipment that may be supplied
• Promote the facility in order to generate revenues from rentals or the hosting of special events.
• Attend monthly Recreaplex Board of Directors meetings and report on the effectiveness of policies and programs.
Skills and Abilities
• Knowledge in social media : Facebook, Twitter, Linkedin, etc
• Computer skills should include but not limited to; Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point, etc.
• Strong accounting skills
• Excellent written and oral communication skills in both official languages.
• Demonstrate strong leadership and organizational abilities
• Excellent networking and interpersonal skills
• Excellent problem solving and decision making
• Ability to work with volunteers and community committees.
• College or university degree in business administration, recreation or other related education or training.
• Experience in working with non for profit organizations would be an asset
The compensation package for this position will be within a competitive range and commensurate with the successful candidate’s qualifications and experience.
To confidentially explore this opportunity you are invited to submit your resume and cover letter and three references, mail or in person to: Town of Dalhousie, Recreaplex Hiring Committee, 111 Hall St. unit 1, Dalhousie, NB E8C 1X2 or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than March 15th, 2019 at 3 pm.
We thank all those who submit an application; we will only contact those selected for further consideration.
Town of Dalhousie
111 Hall, Unit 1
Dalhousie, NB E8C 1X2
Tel : (506) 684-7600
Fax : (506) 684-7613
Email : email@example.com
Hours of operation
Monday – Friday
8:00 am to 4:00 pm
Closed from 12pm to 1pm