Every spring, the Town of Dalhousie offers residents the opportunity to clear out sheds and garages across the municipality.
All spring clean-up materials must be by the roadside before pick-up begins on May 22, 2018 as we will only be going by once.
Workers will pickup roadside materials from May 22 to May 25, 2018 only.
Failure to comply with the following spring clean-up guidelines shall result in residents being charged for removal of material.
Please separate your household garbage from your spring clean-up materials.
Spring clean-up materials should be separated as follows:
Branches, Wood, Leaves, Other
• The quantity of waste at the curbside cannot exceed a pickup truck load 8’x 4’x 3’ or 2.4mx 1.2mx0.9m.
• Branches must be no longer than 3 feet long and bundles so that one individual can carry.
• Only those residents receiving regular municipal collection service will receive annual Spring Clean-Up collection.
• Items that cannot be safely handled by two persons will NOT be collected.
• Miscellaneous household items bagged or bundled
Materials NOT Accepted
• Liquids of any type
• Propane tanks and tires
• Refrigerators, freezers and air conditioners
• Items that cannot be handled by two (2) people
• Construction, demolition, or home renovation materials including:
- Counter tops, plumbing fixtures, kitchen cabinets, sheds, fences or other structures, and all new and used lumber
- Floor coverings such as carpet, linoleum, tile and hardwood floors
- Concrete, gyproc, plywood, roofing materials
For information, please contact 684-7600 or firstname.lastname@example.org
For pick-up of large household appliances and metals, you may wish to contact Andy's Metal at 684-0575.
For construction waste, please contact Waste Management at 1-888-964-9719