Title: Facilities Director
Immediate Supervisor: Board of Directors of the Dalhousie Recreaplex
The Dalhousie Recreaplex are seeking to hire a dynamic and energetic individual to fill the position of Facilities Director. The incumbent will be responsible to manage and supervise day to day operations as well as coordinate recreational events and activities. The Recreaplex facility includes a pool, gym and conference room/hall.
Duties and Responsibilities
The Facilities Director’s duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to
• Oversee daily operations and management of the Recreaplex facility.
• Ensure the health and safety of the entire facility as well as implementation of effective human resource policies and procedures.
• Monitor expenses and receipts.
• Develop an annual budget for operations.
• Generate financial statements and cash balance reports for the Recreaplex Board of directors.
• Work with financial auditors for monthly and year-end audits.
• May assist in determining salaries for employees.
• May assist in determining guests and facilities fees, as well as membership costs.
• Arrange for equipment repairs when necessary, keep track of all equipment being used, including exercise equipment, sporting equipment and any other equipment that may be supplied
• Promote the facility in order to generate revenues from rentals or the hosting of special events.
• Attend monthly Recreaplex Board of Directors meetings and report on the effectiveness of policies and programs.
Skills and Abilities
• Knowledge in social media : Facebook, Twitter, Linkedin, etc
• Computer skills should include but not limited to; Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point, etc.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills in both official languages.
• Demonstrate strong leadership and organizational abilities
• Excellent networking and interpersonal skills to interact with Board Directors, Committees, management, staff, and members of the public.
• Excellent problem solving, decision making, and negotiation skills
• Ability to work with volunteers and community committees.
• College or university degree in business administration, recreation or other related education or training.
• Experience in working with non for profit organizations would be an asset
The compensation package for this position will be within a competitive range and commensurate with the successful candidate’s qualifications and experience.
To confidentially explore this opportunity you are invited to submit your resume and cover letter and three references, mail or in person to: Town of Dalhousie, Recreaplex Hiring Committee, 111 Hall St. unit 1, Dalhousie, NB E8C 1X2 or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than January 25th, 2018 at 3 pm.
We thank all those who submit an application; we will only contact those selected for further consideration.