Part-Time/Casual Employment Opportunity
Receptionist/ Administrative Assistant – Town of Dalhousie
The Town of Dalhousie is seeking a detail-oriented, client-service focussed individual to join the administrative team at the Town Hall on a casual basis. Applications will be accepted until Monday, January 27, 2014 at 4:30pm.
The successful applicant must possess excellent organisational skills, experience in working with the public, and be a team player who enjoys a variety of responsibilities in a dynamic environment. Comfort with basic computer software and fluency in written and spoken English and French is required.
Preference may be given to applicants with secretarial, translation or reception experience.
• Being the first point of contact for people visiting or calling the Town Hall.
• Assisting the Chief Administrative Officer with filing, meeting preparations, and meeting follow-ups.
• Assisting the Accounts Manager for bill payments, data entry, and other tasks.
• Understanding responsibilities of each department so as to best direct public enquiries.
• Providing support services to other Town Hall staff.
• Additional duties as required.
• Must be willing to participate in training courses as required by the employer.
Employment will be subject having a police background check undertaken, the result of which will be satisfactory to the Town.
This position is a casual position that guarantees a minimum of 21.75 hrs/week for three months. There may be an opportunity to work up to 36.25 hrs/week during the first three months. There may also be an opportunity to continue working beyond the initial three month period during peak periods, and to replace other staff during vacations or other types of leave.
Salary will be based upon experience and qualifications.
All applications must include a resume of education and work history, and be submitted to:
Ms. Christy Arseneau
Town of Dalhousie