In 1983, the RTA was created with motivated and devoted people for the development of Tourism in Restigouche. This committee is constituted of entrepreneurs from Restigouche, working in different field such as lodging, restaurants, heritage, art and culture, festival and events, economic development officer, representative from the Mayors Forum and of the Department responsible of tourism.
Goal of RTA
• To facilitate and contribute to the development of the Restigouche tourism industry in partnership with the entrepreneurs and other agencies
Objectives of RTA
• Bring together all those interested in the development of the Restigouche Tourism industry;
• Represent the interest of the Restigouche tourism industry at all levels of government;
• Encourage proper planning of tourism development in Restigouche;
• Support the development and marketing of Restigouche as a tourist destination;
• Facilitate the coordination of activities between partners of the Restigouche tourism industry
• Establish a partnership between Restigouche tourism industry and government agencies;
• Play a leading role in enhancing the quality and professionalism of the Restigouche tourism industry by encouraging training;
• Support tourism development by distributing information.